Wednesday, December 20, 2006

What's a zero, one way or another?

It has come to my attention that the compensation pool for the Goldman Sachs employees is not $1.6 billion, but $16 billion and some change. If this is in fact true, then the title of "Big Lloyd I (.6 Billion)" contains a whopping typographical error. My original understanding was that the bonus pool (excluding all other compensation) stood at 1.6 fat ones, and I still have trouble believing that I screwed it up quite so dramatically.

Some wags will likely observe that this is why I'm a painter and not an investment banker.

More to the point, however, is what the hell to do now? By happenstance, I see that if I just take the "." (essentially a dot) and extend it upwards with more paint, I could net out (banking term) at "Big Lloyd I (16 Billion)."

This seems like the coward's way out. I'm leaving it the way it is--at least that's the way I feel right now. I'm in too deep to start paddling backwards now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home