Sunday, June 17, 2007

And Just A Bit More on this Kate Moss Business

The current object(s) of my obsession are the six painted-white bronze sculptures of supermodel Kate Moss on view at the Mary Boone gallery in New York. Previously shown quite a bit in the UK, this show has already garnered quite a bit of attention, despite having just come to NYC. That said, here's a three way view of one of the works:



This one below was also done by Marc Quinn, although it is not a sculpure of Ms. Moss. I don't know who it is, but I do know that the medium is described in the accompanying literature as "polymer compound and animal blood."



So I'm not the only one who's borderline crazy. I wonder if it's Quinn who does those frozen blood sculptures. This may, in fact, be a sculpture of Britney Spears. I know that Quinn did this one, titled "Britney Giving Birth":



The color of the material seems related. For reference, this is an actual photo of Ms. Spears, heavily pregnant.



Ms. Spears, despite what you think about her, is an interesting looking woman. Structurally, her nose and brow closely mirror that nice woman who posed for The Statue of Liberty.

Anyway, did I tell you that I ground up the pharmaceuticals that my father left behind and blended them into my portrait of Old Bobby Lee?

This is Quinn's watercolor of Moss:



Which, I guess, is why he's a sculptor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home