Sunday, February 24, 2008

It's late, but we think we are done

A bit past 1:30. Odd to be up this late and not be at a strip club.

Actually that's an old joke. We did it about fifty posts ago. We won't rehash.

Anyway, it's late, but we think we are done. With this:



Next stop Cuba for two quick paintings of Fidel. At which point I will be ready for my one man show entitled: "What do a couple of pretty girls, three old guys, Chuck Close, Fidel Castro and the chairman of Goldman Sachs have in common?"

Which is a pretty good name for a show. No? I see it as featuring, in rough order, Michelle A., Lilah S. (Ash Wednesday), Big Alan, Big Ben and The Warren Commission, Close but not quite, Close but no Cigar, Big Fidel 1, Big Fidel 2 and Big Lloyd II (Now more than ever). I might toss in Girl with the Pearl Earring (2003) if I need another image.

Now all I need is a gallery.

But the show is strong. No? And the Tyree thing turned out better than anyone could have possibly imagined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home