Friday, February 25, 2011

My Boy Gussy

I've been thinking about Gustav Klimt a lot lately, given that this morning I woke up with the solution to my Golden Bull painting. Nobody paints with gold like my boy Gussy. Check this out--just a collection of images but still kind of fun. Odd soundtrack. I would have gone with London Calling.



Anyway, Klimt is to gold like Beckmann is to black. And that says it all.

Remember this?



See that little checkerboard pattern separating the green from the gold in the lower left? That's when it all hit me. I can't really describe what actually did hit me, but it's got something to do with the checkerboard and the argyle background you can see on this early version of American Chicken.



Thank God I re-lettered that thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home