Wednesday, April 25, 2012

All the naked girls


Arthur Miller, of course, wrote:  Can anyone remember love? It's like trying to summon up the smell of roses in a cellar. You might see a rose, but never the perfume.  Which is neither here nor there, but at least gets us into the mood.


All of which by way of saying I've been catching up on some paintings of friends.

If you look at the right nipple on the first one, it looks sort of like a rose.  Kind of a translucent one, but you can see the layers of the petals if you blow it up.  Or at least that's what I thought. 

















Which then made me think of another file I was working on, in which a rose plays a significant roll, and the gears started churning.  Thus...























If you're a beautiful naked woman and want your picture painted, just pop by the studio.
I wonder if anybody will show up. 
Just out of the blue?
Well, not out of the blue.  Based on your specific invitation above.
They just knock on the door and say "I read your blog and I've popped by."?  I call that out of the blue.
Well, regardless.  I'm just wondering.
They won't.  I can promise you.
Kind of a buzz-kill, that sort of negativity.
Maybe so, but I'm a grizzled professional.  I am, however, loving my little watermark G stamp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home