Thursday, September 28, 2006

My Possibly Last Thought On Andy Warhol

If one takes as gospel that Warhol's series of Marilyn Monroe portraits represent the zenith of his art, it is worth reflecting on the similarities between your run-of-the-mill Warhol Marilyn, like this one:



And my portrait entitled Michelle A., which would be this:



Exhibit A. would of course be the shape of their lips.

Exhibit B. is of course the squiggle that defines the underside of their respective noses.

And finally, for your consideration: Exhibit C. --those far away eyes.

So if youre down on your luck
I know you all sympathize
Find a girl with far away eyes
And if youre downright disgusted
And life aint worth a dime
Get a girl with far away eyes

I was driving home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield.

No...that's not right.

I was sitting in a bar talking to a girl so beautiful that to see her in sunlight was surely to see Marxism die. In addition to this, the urge to scratch the back of my ears with my foot and howl at the moon was palpably strong. Then she asked me what I thought the secret to capturing a likeness was.

And I told her.

Thank you jesus, thank you lord


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home