Sunday, November 04, 2007

Truth in Blogging

I'm getting shit from the Federal Trade Commission again. They claim that U.S. Military records show no evidence of my service in Vietnam. On the most basic, functional level this is not surprising.

That said, I would pose the following: Weren't we all in Vietnam, we Children of Woodstock, in one way or another? The answer seems obvious enough to me. And the fact that my memories of the event include pig lard, knotted jungle and big, sharp knives seems no less surprising than many surprising things in my life that actually happened.

Kimi Raikkonen winning the Drivers Championship, for example. I almost burst into tears.

Remind me to tell you about drinking mojitos on the veranda of the Continental Hotel in Saigon with Graham Greene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home