Thursday, March 20, 2008

Black day at TYOMP/Open letter to the Wall Street community

It's a black day at The Year of Magical Painting. Perhaps the low-point of Season Two.

The reason, of course, is the no-sell of The Annotated Spitzer. I had thought this one would go like hotcakes. Perhaps the recent turmoil amongst my client base didn't help. But still... I mean, did you SEE that painting?

Nonetheless, the only thing you can do is grind forward. I'm going to fold the entire left column of Big Fidel underneath the painting, essentially shifting the grid format from 6x5 to 6x4. I'll keep you posted.

As for Big Eliot? I'm embracing the Fram Oil Filter financial model: pay me now or pay me (a significantly greater amount) later.

Which speaks to one of the elemental functions of what I do/have done. That being: if I didn't think greatness was afoot; if I didn't think this Rube Goldberg-like contraption would fly me to the North Pole; if I didn't believe whatever it is that I believe... then what the fuck?

Me? I believe that you, members of the Wall Street community, having chosen not to pay me a reasonable sum now, are gonna have to cough up a wad of money the size of a roll of quarters for future considerations.

Fram, baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home