Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I've been sitting in my office for the last couple of days...

I've been sitting in the studio for the last couple of days (quick aside: interesting how the word "office" instead of "studio" rolled off my fingers while pounding out the title. I think that's a good thing) staring at the blank canvas that's destined to be "Hey Joe...", my depiction of the Annunciation of Joseph.
I thought you just did Wall Street guys.
I'm assuming that you're using the word "guys" in a non-gender-specific way.
Of course. How else would I use it?
I can't imagine.
Back to the original question: I thought you just did Wall Street guys.
Nah. I'm well rounded.
Really?
Yeah. My beat is money, sex and God; individually and in combination.
Petty comprehensive.
Yeah. If you can't fit what you're trying to do into those three, do something else.
Nicely said. Where does the Annunciation of Joseph fit?
It's a sex/God combo-pak.
Got it.
Anyway, I've been sitting in my office staring at the already gessoed canvas thinking, roughly, "What the fuck am I doing here? I don't have a clue where to start."

It's pretty frustrating. Especially on the heels of Big Fidel's relative merits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home