Sunday, May 10, 2009

I used to be important

I used to be important. Not as important as I am now, of course, but still ... important. I used to go to the White House Correspondents' Dinner. Year after year the Mammoth Group would buy a table. Met a bunch of interesting people, one of whom was the actress who recently played Izzie Stevens' mother on Grey's Anatomy.
[Quick aside: I believe we should try to wish wellness to even the most annoying of our fellow men (men here is used in the gender-neutral sense). Fictional characters, however, are exempt from this version of the Golden Rule and so, that said, I do wish they would kill that woman off as soon as possible. Hard to imagine a more annoying, less realistic fictional character than Izzie Stevens. And when she does go, I hope she does so in the throes of agony. Thrashing. With foam coming out of her mouth. Alone. In the dark. With nobody to comfort her but the ghost of the lover she murdered. That's how annoying I find her.]
Anyway, there are moments when I wish I could go back to the WHCD. This year, for example. It would have been fun to see Barack. Just to hear him do Dick Cheney jokes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home