Saturday, May 09, 2009

Swart, K: right breast. 5/09/09

At one point in the day we were here.



At which moment, realizing I was mounted astride a disaster in the making, I took about a hundred wet paper towels and obliterated the red stuff, completely screwing up the background. I then repainted.

[Note: I say this in the calmest tone imaginable, but I'm here to tell you it was a mess of epic proportion. Tube paint is a bit more vigorous, body-wise and pigment-wise, than liquid house paint and to say that it resisted my corrective efforts is to understate matters.]

This wasn't the only mishap, but merely the one I have on film. If that's the right word. Truth be told, a lot of the mammogram itself was redone as well, mostly in an effort to undo the ill-advised flinging of some white paint.

Does that ever happen to you? The minute the paint leaves your stick you realize you are completely screwed?

Anyway, we ended up here. Which is actually pretty interesting.



Interesting, the difference between a couple of days ago and today.

I've decided, by the way, to call it "Swart, K: right breast, 5/09/09." Alas, poor Ophelia. I knew her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home