Monday, June 08, 2009

Helicopter Ben, finis

Always good to finish a painting.

This, unannotated, is "Helicopter Ben":



Close inspection will yield evidence of extensive reworking of both the beard and nose. And the eyes, to a lesser extent.

My opening annotation, as I currently see it, goes something like "I wonder if recent monetary policy decisions have grounded my helicopter."

Hmmm. We'll see. The next steps are to get the go-ahead from the guy who commissioned the thing, then take to the streets. Between you and me, I'm angry at the Goldman Sachs people. Last couple of times I've been out there the response has been underwhelming.

The solution? I'm taking the Goddamn thing uptown and plunking it down in front of Morgan Stanley (@49 and Broadway, if I'm not mistaken).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home