Monday, January 13, 2014

Football Day In America

Three out of the four teams I was rooting for this weekend lost.  This is why I don't bet on sports.  But, all that said, the final two pairings are compelling.  San Francisco traveling to Seattle -- I hadn't watched that much Seahawks football but I was left agog by the general ferocity of their defense and the specific ferocity of their running back, Marshawn Lynch.  I think they'll beat SF by four points, which is fine with me.

And then there's Baron Manfred Von Richthofen and his Flying Circus (the Denver Broncos) versus the hated Boston Patriots [I refuse to call them the New England Patriots because I think that's stupid] and the much-loathed Tom Brady.  Who surely must be getting old by now because, honestly, enough is enough with this fucking guy.

I would describe the Broncos defense as alternately stout and porous, and that's not as good as just plain stout.  Which may be a problem.

Speaking of stout, I'd recommend this as a nice alternative to Guinness ...

The smart money says Denver vs. Seattle in the Soup, with the Broncos winning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home