Tuesday, August 01, 2006

There's insanity...and then there's just plain crazy

Some of my friends have suggested that my current occupation is a manifestation of burgeoning insanity. To them I say, "Nuts."

And so, in part as proof of my sanity, I chose not to drag a painting to the north side of 22nd street and sit there in the hundred degree heat while nobody walked by. Instead I opted for seeing the theatrical release of Miami Vice. After all, I'm not crazy.

Regarding Miami Vice, my disappointment is palpable. More on this later, although I must say that the shot of Sonny and Rico roaring up one of those Miami canals in a speedboat swollen to the bursting point with bales of cocaine, silhouetted against the setting sun, all blues, greens and oranges, was almost worth the price of admission. That, plus the air-conditioning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home