Friday, October 20, 2006

I love Orange and Blue

I'm not of the school that says you forgive an artist who behaves like an asshole because of the art he produces. Thus, I have a hard time with Frank Sinatra. Nonetheless, I find myself offering the following:

"Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention"

Go Mets. Cool game. Great catch. Bases loaded in the 9th. What's not to like? I mean, other than the losing part.

My regrets? Other than the losing part? Simply this: Had the Mets made it to the World Series, Endy Chavez' catch would have been remembered forever. In the aftermath of World War Three, in the cold nuclear winter on the raw Irish coast, Catholic monks in humble stone dwellings, once again charged with preserving the history of mankind by candlelight, would have been including this catch along with the Magna Carta, the Declaration of Independence and Bob Woodward's new book as the key items to be preserved for a new society.

Now, it's just a great catch. Makes me sad.

I may not post until Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home