Monday, December 11, 2006

Massive Setback

We have experienced what can only be called a massive setback in our Grasso Initiative. That being: those who lie quietly in the wings, obscured by shadows, waiting, with the intention of swooping in at the last minute and taking the prize, failed to swoop.

So-called eBay "Watchers," they presumably look something like this:



In the end, a gentleman from Californina--of all places--bought "Big Dick I (Hundred Million)" for $3,050.00. Thank you very much for your support, sir.

Funny thing--if you squint your eyes and look at the dollar figure in the previous graph, it almost looks like three million and change. This, I suppose, is something to shoot for.

To the watchers who failed to jack this number into the stratosphere I would say this:

"Surely you've read Hamlet!"

Me? Well ... no Mercedes for me, that much is certain.

Truth be told, I had hoped to land north of five grand with the outside chance of cracking into five figures. Nonetheless, I am sanguine about prospects going forward. I've settled on Jim Cramer as my next subject, likely followed by Maria Bartiromo (the thought of which makes me giggle) and then Henry Poulson, former chairman of Goldman Sachs and current Treasury Secretary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home