Monday, February 05, 2007

Purple Rain



Rumor has it that Peyton Manning is the Super Bowl MVP. Now I'm as glad, if not gladder, than the next guy that Peyton has gotten the monkey off his back (The hope here is that whole monkey thing will rub off on Eli). But if I am voting for most valuable player, hands down I'm going with the artist currently known as Prince.



What an amazing show, given the rain and all. Plus, how hot were those dancers? I mean, honestly. And I wonder how many times Billy Joel has played piano in the rain.

Best part of the performance? Unquestionably when he opened his hits medley with "All Along the Watchtower."



I haven't gotten this worked up since my friend LP turned the bridge of a song she was singing into "Whole Lotta Love." This would of course be her:



Memorize this face so that when I say I told you so you will know what I'm talking about.

Final note: In a perfect world, the sound on Prince's guitar wouldn't have crapped out during the finale of Purple Rain.

Did I mention those dancers? I think they were twins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home