Thursday, January 25, 2007

Dealbreaker breaks news of my return to The Street

Dealbreaker--always a supporter of my humble efforts--breaks the news today of my pending return to Wall Street. Next week I'll be hawking (not my word--it comes from previous coverage in The New York Times') Big Jim I in front of the Exchange.

The media initiative will begin in earnest tomorrow with the release of some version of this press release:

Grasso, Blankfein Portraitist Returns to Wall Street with Cramer Painting

-“Painter of Record” adds TV stock-picker to expanding group of
Wall Street denizens -

New York, NY (January 25, 2007)—Wall Street portraitist Geoffrey Raymond has returned to The Street with “Big Jim I: Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine,” a portrait of Jim Cramer, host of CNBC’s “Mad Money.” He will be exhibiting “Big Jim” al fresco in front of the NYSE and elsewhere in the Wall Street area throughout the week of January 29th, in conjunction with the painting’s availability on eBay. Bidding closes Friday, February 2nd at noon.

“I was listening to ‘Live at the Apollo (1962)’ when I decided to start naming some of my paintings after James Brown songs,” Raymond explains. “I decided on ‘Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine’ for the Cramer painting for a couple of reasons. The words ‘Get Up’ allude to the idea of buying low and selling high while the predatory sneer on his lips speaks directly to ‘I Feel Like Being A Sex Machine’.”

Raymond previously garnered attention for his display and subsequent sale of portraits of former NYSE head Richard Grasso and Goldman Sachs top guy Lloyd Blankfein. He also chronicles his quest for painting greatness in his blog entitled “The Year of Magical Painting” (www.yearofmagicalpainting.blogspot.com).

As noted, I reserve the right to change the above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home