Monday, October 29, 2007

Update on annualized income...

What do you want first? The good news or the bad?

Well, there is no good news.

The bad news? Based on this week's sales (zero), my projected annual income is now approximately $272,666--down from the $818 Large we had projected two weeks ago.

I feel like that guy from Merrill Lynch. Except that he makes a lot more money than I do.

Back, for a moment, to the question of good news. Of course there is good news. How 'bout those Giants? You should taste the lentil soup I made on Saturday. My painting is going well. I have my health. I just found a can of Schlitz in the back of the refrigerator.



Wow. How iconic. And this is without even trying, photographically speaking.

If one concedes that part of my job is to reinterpret the work of the so-called masters (Vermeer, Close, Pollock, Warhol...) with my representational drip technique, then surely it makes sense to paint a can of Schlitz. This would be killing, by even the most minimalist of accounting, three birds (Pollock, Johns, Warhol) with one stone.

See? There's plenty of good news.

Remain calm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home