Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I Do Like going To Wall Street

Actually I hang out on Broad, but near the corner of Wall.

So I'm out there hawking my Bernanke painting. Getting a pretty good reception. A guy walks by, says: "You did the Grasso painting, right?"
Me: "Yeah."
He says: "I've got a copy of it hanging in my office."
Me: "Really?"
Him: "Yeah."
Me (as he's walking away, presumably to make millions of dollars): "Hey--thanks a lot."

But now I'm feeling like Alicia Keys in that commercial where she walks past the guy selling about fifty bootlegs of her new album and she freaks out.

That guy is stealing my stuff. Welcome to Wall Street might be one retort. But I'm not letting it bother me. To paraphrase Jay Z and his buddy DangerMouse: "I got 99 problems and that sonofabitch hanging an unauthorized copy of my painting of Richard Grasso in his office ain't one."

Hey buddy! I'm giving it to you. You're legal. Enjoy.

Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home