Friday, November 30, 2007

It's 10:10 p.m.

Its a little after ten and I'm having a massive Al Pacino moment.

But before we get to that, do you think there was some kind of hey-you-put-cotton-in-your-mouth-so-so-am-I kind of mano-a-mano thing between Pacino and Brando in Godfather I? Remember when the rogue cop captain punches Pacino in front of the hospital? For the next hour, his face is all smushed-out on one side. It's like Pacino was channeling Meredith Grey. How odd would that be? Implied space-time continuum disfunction not withstanding. Notwithstanding. Is that one word? If so, would that, in fact, make withstanding, at least as related to one usage, a lost positive? Like ert.

Anyway, I had a bunch of stuff put in storage today. The guys who did it were all from Turkey (which really, might as well be Sicily).I wonder what they were saying to each other, safe in the assumption that I didn't speak Turkish, about me. It sounded like Russian.

Anyway, the two head guys looked exactly--EXACTLY--like the Sicilian carabinieri, if that's how you spell it, charged with protecting Michael Corleone when he's exiled to Sicily.
I know English. Monty, Toosti, Thirsty...
Blammo!
I keep looking under my sofa to see if there's a bomb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home