Thursday, August 07, 2008

The World is a Funny Place

You're familiar with the phrase "the world is a funny place," yes? I presumed so.

Me? I shouldn't complain because, really, I get a shitload of press, given the somewhat patched-together, fly-by-night, Rube Goldberg-ish nature of the endeavor that is The Year of Magical Painting. That said, most of the time, with the exception of The Sun and The Post, God bless 'em both, I find myself featured on websites but not actually in print. Today, however, I find myself--or more accurately my name next to a photo of my painting of Jimmy Cayne--in Fortune Magazine.

Actually in the magazine. OMFG! Although I don't think you can actually buy the damned thing til this weekend or early next week, perhaps. I think Meredith Whitney is on the cover, so look for her on your local newsstand.

Me? I have inside sources. That's how I know ahead of time.

And the world is a funny place. I wish my parents weren't dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home