Monday, July 28, 2008

Wow, it's been a while.

It's been a while since I last posted. This, plus some other stuff, is what I've been up to:



The title is some version of "Black Jackson (Maybe I should try portraiture)".

It is, as you can imagine, an exploration of the moment of Jackson Pollock's reinvention of himself as a painter--where he decides to maintain his drip style of painting but rejigger his painterly calculus, if you will, and begin painting representational portraits. A kind of Geoff Raymond/Chuck Close fusion, if you can envision that.

The moment is, of course, a fictional one. He plowed his Oldsmobile convertible (a pretty nice set of wheels in those days) into a tree in 1956, killing himself and a friend, and rendering moot his transfiguration.

Thus, with a jump of about fifty years, the mantle has been passed to me.

"Black Jackson" is the final piece for my Andes show. It may not be quite done, but I could take it to market right now and feel okay about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home