Saturday, July 12, 2008

Breakthrough

You may remember this...



It's my version of Courbet's "The Wounded Man," which I set, as a giggle, in Vietnam, circa 1969. You can almost hear Dave Whatshisname playing his cover of "All Along the Watchtower." He's that guy from Charlottesville. Not Dave Mason. Something else. Matt the Intern likes him. Me less so, although I just heard his "Watchtower" and I did like it.

So it's neither Mason, Copperfield nor Winter. Not Brubaker either. Dave Something. He sometimes plays one of those semi-hollow Gibsons with the solid, flat front, no sound hole, and inlaid stars as fret-markers. Anyway, you can almost hear somebody thinking aloud that "there must be some kinda way outta here." Possibly my readers.

Maybe it is Mason, just to beat this damned thing to death, although I'm still not clear on that. Anyway, as regards painting, we've had a bit of a breakthrough. That is to say, I popped into the studio the day before yesterday to find that my collaborator, Kate (no last name), had grabbed the damned thing and begun doing whatever it is that she does.



After a period of time during which I was somewhat annoyed with her, I could now not be more excited. Remain tuned for more details.

And, all that said, the question then becomes what to name the goddam thing. There are two options:
1--Portrait of Gustave Courbet (Vietnam, 1969)
2--The Wounded Man (Vietnam, 1969)
All I know is that one pill makes you larger and one pill makes you small. I, apparently, ned the pill that helps you remember stuff. Turns out it's Dave Matthews.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home