Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Get in tha choppa!!

The fact that life confuses me is part of my charm. I'm told.

That said, I like to think I'm pretty tuned into popular culture. So when a guy rolls up on The Annotated Fed, nabs a sharpie and writes: "Get in tha choppa!!"--well, I'm here to tell you I was a bit befuddled.



I explain my confusion.

He looks at me and does his best Arnold Schwarzenegger imitation. "Get in da choppa" he says. Then he walks away.

Ahhh. Of course.

This is, I believe, what he was referring to:



What it has to do with this man and the work he's doing, I can't begin to tell you.



Anyway, this is where we stand at the end of Day 1. I'm pretty pleased, but there are a few too many tourists cruising Broad Street during the summer and not enough hard-core financial types. Some of the comments are pretty generic, and I'm looking for tightly focused, cogent analyses of domestic monetary policy.

Tomorrow I'll be behind Goldman Sachs, where, I assume, I will receive exactly that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home