Friday, December 05, 2008

I love this stuff too...

So I put an ad on Craigslist for triplet Swedish hookers...
Hey, stop blogging. That's not right.
What?
I thought your ad was for help creating a Wikipedia page.
It was.
Then what's with the Swedish hookers?
Just thinking out loud.
Well, I'm sure everybody would appreciate it if you kept that stuff to your self.
Really? I mean, if that's what they're thinking, why on earth are they reading this garbage?
Fair question, but if you'd just start over I am sure everybody would be happier.
Okay.
Okay.
Okay.
So go ahead.
Okay.
So I put an ad on Craigslist for help with developing a Wikipedia page. Got lots of responses and hired somebody I think I like. Now all I have to do is write the damned thing. I'm thinking about starting the bio section with something like: "Artist Geoffrey Raymond is a man of both towering intellect and the sort of craggy good looks that makes that new James Bond guy look like Isaac Mizrahi."

Okay, so it needs work. Regardless, back to the narrative:

So I put an ad on Craigslist and get a lot of responses. One respondent, during the course of his pitch, asks the follow:
May I ask if you are Mr Geoffrey Raymond? If so, I have seen the media coverage of your work, and I find your approach to be ingenious, and beyond excellent as art, it is a direct documentation of the times and how people are personally affected by the turmoil in our society.
A) Thank you very much, sir. You are making my day.
B) Sometimes I feel like my life is an out-of-body experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home