Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Painter of the Day

Here's a painting of Kimi Raikkonen's Ferrari...



It's called "Overtaking," I think. This, plus the little jet wings sprouting out of the hood tell us it isn't the current Ferrari. They seem to have trouble overtaking anybody.

And here's a painting of Jan Ulrich, one-time Bianchi rider, one-time TdF champ, once one of my favorite bikers...



... on his way to his moment of destiny in the individual time trial of '03.

Which reminds me a little of...



Two of the three are brought to you by a painter named Rob Ijbema. I know you people don't really give a shit about car racing or bike racing, but you might want to see what the man is up to at his blog titled car-a-day. Or at his other blog, paintingletour.

Go to his website and buy a painting. Ask him where all the paintings of Fausto Coppi are.

Me? I'd buy this one...



... because it reminds me of the big Gerhard Richter painting of the rutted country road that always sits at the end of one of the main modern galleries at The Met.

1 Comments:

Blogger L.Holm said...

Absolutely agree! That Rob I. is an awesome painter. :-)

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home