Sunday, July 05, 2009

Llunch with Lloyd ... and Posters are now available!

Me? I love a special event. So tomorrow, to celebrate the beginning of Season Four of The Year of Magical Painting (I first started writing this blog on July 4, 2006 with a post titled, I think, "Chuck Close must be freaking out."), I'll be exhibiting my portrait of Lloyd Blankfein ...



... titled, as you can see, "Big Lloyd 3 (The Root)", in the plaza behind Goldman Sachs during lunch-time. I'm calling this special moment in time "Llunch with Lloyd" and if you think the level of corporate paranoia behind Goldman Sachs is already relatively high, you should see it when I'm exhibiting a picture of the Big Guy himself.

Plus there's the annotation, which should add a note of hysteria.

Plus there's the spectre of that extremely nasty Rolling Stone piece hanging in the air like Banquo, or the ghost of Christmas to come, or somebody.

Big Lloyd is going for $30,000 but, as part of the Season Four kick off celebration, a preemptive bit of $25,000 will take it home Monday only. MONDAY ONLY.

On Tuesday, if it's not raining, I'm gonna drag it uptown and stand outside Morgan Stanley--something I've not done before--which should be a loosier/goosier experience.

OR, FOR SIGNIFICANTLY LESS MONEY, YOU CAN BUY A POSTER!!!

Now THIS is exciting. People have been asking me about posters for a long time and starting now, I'm offering two.

First will be Big Lloyd 3. Second will be Red Geithner. This is a painting that demands to be a poster, and that's what's going to happen.

I mean, look at it:



Lord have mercy (in the non-theological sense)! I mean, look at those eyes.

This from Jaws--the scene when Quint is talking about surviving the sinking of The Indianapolis:
And, you know, the thing about a shark... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'. The ocean turns red, and despite all the poundin' and the hollerin', they all come in and they... rip you to pieces.
I'm offering a limited edition of 100 signed posters at $250 each. Alternatively, I'll sell you an unsigned one for a hundred bucks, but that won't be nearly as cool. Standard size, about 2 and a quarter by three feet. Email me and I'll tell you where to send the check.

My email, if you can't figure out the "contact me" button, is gvraymond@gmail.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home