Thursday, January 21, 2010

A timely endeavor, if ever there was one.

Next up is a reinterpretation of this photo:



Do you recognize the man?

No? Well, he's Marcus Goldman. Founder of either Neiman Marcus or Goldman Sachs. I can never remember which, but, that said, with money on the latter, the plan is to paint the guy to more or less coincide with Goldman Sachs announcement next week of their bonus pool (and presumably, in some non-public form of communication--perhaps a letter, individual employee bonuses).

I wonder if they do it by email. Seems so impersonal.

Anyway...if I'm a prominent GS employee I can understand, no matter how loaded I am, the disinclination to purchase "Big Lloyd 3 (The Root)" and hang it on the wall for all to see. But who doesn't want a painting of Marcus Goldman hanging in the office? I mean, what's not to like? There's not even anything written on it.

It'll look something like this:



Which, of course, turned into this...



Except, of course, it's not Bobby the Butcher. It's Marcus Goldman.

I think the crop may be something like this...



I love the collar of the guy's jacket. Even then, the Goldman Sachs guys dressed snazzy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home