Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm in ecstasy...

Are you listening to a lot of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young? Me? I'm stretching the Tony Hayward canvas and listening to Deja Vu. Specifically, "Almost cut my hair."

I love songs that begin with a declarative sentence. Specifically: "Almost cut my hair." Which happens, happily, to be the name of the song. Which is a good idea. I mean, people mention Bob Dylan songs to me by title all the time and I can never remember which ones they are. "Rainy Day Woman #12 and 35". Honestly, what does that have to do with being stoned?

Speaking of declarative sentences, consider this: "Actually bought some blueberries."

Happened just the other day.

This morning I put the blueberries on my shredded wheat (Two original patties--if that's the right word. I don't like the minis). Plus skim.

And let me tell you, dear reader, I was in ecstasy. Just typing these words makes me realize I'm still in ecstasy. Just at the thought!

Lord have mercy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always thought that Rainy Day Women was about how wimmin will always have a go at you about something, any time, any place. That's my experience anyway.

Well, they’ll stone you and say that it's the end
Then they’ll stone you and then they'll come back again

10:23 AM  
Blogger david1082 said...

Well with me they say that it's the end and then they never come back. I can never work out why.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home