Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The chasing of ambulances

Not ambulances, really. Perhaps hearses.

As I completely sell out, dear reader, consider this:



I'm gonna call it "The Annotated Boss", with the O in Boss containing a 27.

The real question is this: Is it okay to be, in the pursuit of (fill in the blank), to be a colossal asshole?
Picasso?
Yes.
Sinatra?
Possibly
Steinbrenner?
No. We're not talking The Ladies of Avignon here--we're talking about baseball.
Me? I long considered the man to be among the most loathsome public figures I know. Now I know what you are thinking. You're thinking that I'm about to say something about how he mellowed in his old age, wasn't such a bad guy after all, blah blah blah.

Naaaah--I never stopped loathing him. Thus this whole business of selling out.

Forgive me.

Logistically, the plan is to open the painting for annotation at the Peter McManus Cafe, then take it to Yankee Stadium for the first home game back after the All-Star break. Which is Friday, as I understand it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home