Monday, December 06, 2010

The Rat, Volume 2

Herewith, The Annotated Ratner, in two bits ...





Here, for reference sake, is the original pic:



Obviously we're not done. But I'm trying for a more gestural approach these days, so we're not far from done.
'Gestural' is what we're going with?
Yes. Why do you ask?

Well ...
Yes?

Well, gestural is one thing. But if it looks like the whole side of his head is caved in ...
The left side?
The left side of the painting, yes. The right side of his head.

Gotcha.

So?
So tough noogies. If part of the gesture absolves him of the need for a third of his head, then so be it.
Rhymes with Soviet.

What does?

So be it.

Yes it does.
What are you saying?

I'm not saying anything. I'm just saying.
Anyway, I do like the sourpuss mouth. Actually I like the whole thing. It's gestural.

1 Comments:

Blogger david1082 said...

I've always had problems with the word gestural - I never say it as "jestural" but always with a hard g. This is one more failure in a life full of them.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home