Tuesday, December 28, 2010

What kind of world are we living in...

... when you type the words "Exile on" into the iTunes Store search box and the first entry that comes up is "Exile on Mainstream" by Matchbox Twenty? Pleasant enough, these Matchbox people, but really?

Really?

I was of course seeking to give myself a Christmas treat by purchasing the newly remastered Stones album of a similar name. There is some suggestion that the alternate version of Loving Cup is the best Rolling Stones song ever.

Details to follow.

Oh, and while I'm at it, what kind of world are we living in where a man such as myself, living in what New York Magazine calls the best neighborhood in New York, walks out the front of the house to find the street still filled to the gills with snow?
Still filled to the gills?
That's a nice line, isn't it?
Yes it is.
Thank you.
Sounds like country western music.
Got home early from the bar last night/But I'm still filled to the gills today
Something like that.
Shot my foot off to avoid the draft/Now I wish the pain would go away.
Perhaps that's enough.
The chorus goes: I'm walking funny, but it ain't the beer. Plus some other stuff to make it fit.
Lovely.
Really?
Really, in a kind of hardscrabble way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home