Monday, March 21, 2011

I wonder what Picasso and Braque used to write to their buddies when they felt like they were on the brink of something fantastic?

But before we get to Cubism, who says painting isn't a contact sport?



Ouch
Exactly. Boxcutter to the knuckle.
Ouch.
Exactly.
Anyway, since I have a leg up on my boys Pablo and Georges, technologically at least, in terms of announcing that I'm changing the face of painting forever, I'm here to announce that I am, as we speak, redefining portraiture for the new millennium.

I don't know what you people are doing, but that's what I'm doing up here in the Northlands.
It seems a worthy endeavor.
Thanks. Nice of you to say.

How do we know you are really redefining it? Or perhaps you're just deluded? Or worse, just fucking with us?
Only history will tell.
Can you share a picture?
No. I'm having a bit of trouble with it just now.
That sounds promising. Some tidbit of wisdom perhaps?
Sure. The name of the two pieces that I'm suggesting will change the course of art history are "The Myth of the Rational Market" and "The Myth of the Rational Market (Reclining Nude)."
Two strong titles. I particularly like those with parenthetical phrases. Speaking generally, of course.
Of course.
I could be wrong, of course. About this whole changing-the-world business. But believe me, the last person you should be listening to in matters such as these is yourself. Followed closely by everybody else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home