Monday, May 02, 2011

Easter Painting

What with O. Bin Laden dead, what better time to inflame religious tensions that are already running at an all-time high by posting my recent Easter painting?

I don't know about you, but I got my times screwed up and missed Easter. Or at least the church part. As penance, voila:



It's inspired by a stained glass window by the same title in St. Joseph's Church here in Troy. At the same time, there's (at least as I see it), a Matisse-like, joyous dancer thing going on.

For you completists, this canvas was originally painted horizontally and looked quite different. It was titled, at the time, "The Myth of the Rational Market (Reclining Nude)".

It stands six or so feet high and fills a corner of my studio quite nicely.

1 Comments:

Blogger david1082 said...

"In the long run we is all kickin des buckitz." - Osama bin Keynsian, yesterday

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home