Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Trip to New Bedford

As noted below, I spent the weekend in New Bedford watching my friend Bobby the Gravedigger perform his rock opera "North End Serenade" live. Consider the following, all taken on my iPhone 4:



Leaving Troy



Bus



On the docks of New Bedford late afternoon. We'd revisit them at 2:30 am, after having closed the local bar. I wish I'd taken a picture of that.



The moment itself. My iPhone, even with my fish-eye lens, is incapable of communicating the magnificence of the event.



The Gravedigger leans into his mic. That's him in the Winklepickers. On the left side holding the blond guitar. It looks too big to be a Les Paul. Maybe a Gretsch, or one of those Gibsons that look just like a Gretsch. Or vice-versa. He's a nice looking man.



Self-portrait with hotel room



The Whaling Museum. Which was fabulous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home