Wednesday, October 24, 2012

PB&P

I leave the studio now for the Hannafords in Latham.  The purpose?  To buy some sweet pickles.  Armed with these, I'll then build a peanut butter and pickle sandwich.  Then I will sit in my chair and watch the World Series.  I believe the Detroit Tigers will win it.  In five, if we're counting.

Crazy, you say?  Consider the picture from no less a source than the New York Times.  Dog!


 I'm thinking Smucker's Natural (smooth) and some "bread and butter" pickles.

Why are you putting quotation marks around bread and butter?
Dunno.
Is it a recognized style?  Or a brand?
Dunno.  I think they're like sweet gherkins, but bigger.

And I'm ditching the white bread.  A hearty whole wheat, perhaps with those little nuts and such that they put in it.

Mmmmm.
Mmmmm.

The whole article can be seen at http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/24/dining/making-a-meal-out-of-peanut-butter-and-pickles.html?pagewanted=all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home