Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Titanic Sails at Dawn

Winter is, as we all know, for catching up.  That said, assuming you haven't been peeking in the window of my studio in the last hour, you've likely never seen this ...

It's the final version of The Formerly Brilliant Dimon.  I had a ton of annotations to transfer from the web onto the canvas.  Which I just finished doing, and now the painting's done.  Proof?  The name of the file is FinalDimon.jpg, so it must be done.

(There's a RAW file too, but that's too complicated)

My favorite comment, other, of course, than "Lloyd is Pissed," is "Blue Diamond -- My Favorite Nuts."

For you completists, I'm listening to "Leon Russell" on the MOG.  I'd forgotten how good it was.

God bless Leon.  I saw him in concert sometime in the early 70s and he was great.  Then he fell on hard times and you didn't hear much of anything from him.  Then, a couple of years ago, Elton John (of all people) asked Russell to tour with him.  Who says the spirit of Christmas is dead?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home