Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Catboat

Catboat's a funny word, isn't it?
No.
Yes it is.  I mean, cats hate water.
Your point?
It's a funny word.
Tigers love water, by the way.  I learned that reading Life of Pi.
Then they should call it a tigerboat.
Like a tigershark.
Exactly.  Who ever heard of a catshark?
I'm glad we've had this time together, but I'm a little busy right now.
What are you working on?
A portrait of Tim Geithner, outgoing Treasury Secretary.
Solid.
You're suddenly Linc from the Mod Squad?
I'm just trying to be supportive.
Sorry.
What are you going to call it?
"Geithner au revoir."
Solid.
Righteous.
Dog.
Dude.


Were it me, I'd call it "Done Geithner"
Why?
As kind of a bookend to "Red Geithner."  A kind of parallel structure for the title.
Titillating.
We exist to do just that.  We're like a cross between a literary device and a vibrator.
I'm thinking of exactly reproducing -- as exactly as one can reproduce a painting by throwing more paint off a stick and then smushing it around -- Red Geithner.  So that would be a bookend of a sort.
The thought of it makes me tingle all over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home