Saturday, January 19, 2013

Fun event if you're in NYC next weekend...

Postcards from the Edge.  An AIDS fundraiser held at Sikkema Jenkins & Co -- 530 W 22nd.  Google it for additional details.

Last year I submitted this ...

Compelling, no?

You can tell it's "hand-made" by the irregular shape of the paper.  It's supposed to be a rectangle, like most every other postcard you've ever seen.  But I got sidetracked for just a moment and it came out like this.

Like an idiot I missed the deadline this year.  Which was annoying, since it's a good cause and going to the event (the single most jammed gallery I've ever been in; I coujldn't believe the fire marshall didn't close the place down) is a giggle.

Also, I'm turning over a new leaf.  Surely you remember Clint Eastwood saying "A man's got to know his limitations."?  Well, I'm coming to grips with one of mine.  Namely, my right hand's insistence on inserting a 'j' in the middle of words like coujld (Shit, it actually just happened again; not on purpose--I swear), or would (now I'm typing more carefully).

So from now on, if I type coujld wrong, I'm not gonna correct it.  I'm gonna embrace it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home