Thursday, March 21, 2013

Going Public

I'm going public with the PeaceWorks Project.  Have added a FaceBook Page.  Have begun fundraising in earnest.  Twitter is next.  I'd urge you to click through and make a donation at the "How Can You Help" page.  To do so would be to join a loose affiliation of millionaires and billionaires.  Although anybody, no matter what their net worth, is allowed in.

Herewith the words from Alice's Restaurant ...

Now it all started two Thanksgivings ago, was on - two years ago on
Thanksgiving, when my friend and I went up to visit Alice at the
Restaurant, but Alice doesn't live in the restaurant, she lives in the
Church nearby the restaurant, in the bell-tower, with her husband Ray and
Fasha the dog. And livin' in the bell tower like that, they got a lot of
Room downstairs where the pews used to be in. Havin' all that room,
Seein' as how they took out all the pews, they decided that they didn't
Have to take out their garbage for a long time.

We got up there, we found all the garbage in there, and we decided it'd be
A friendly gesture for us to take the garbage down to the city dump. So
We took the half a ton of garbage, put it in the back of a red VW
Microbus, took shovels and rakes and implements of destruction and headed
On toward the city dump.

Update:  I originally had all the words here, but there are several thousand of them and I decided, after staring at it for a while, that it was too annoying.  Even for me.  So I pruned them way down.

Full lyrics, if you're of a mind, can be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home