Thursday, April 11, 2013

I'm just not that sort of artist

By 'that sort of artist' I mean the kind that could get a job at an architectural firm.  You saw the in situ rendering of a PeaceWork several posts below.  Man, it was embarrassing.  It was one of those images that could scotch the deal before it even happened.  Sometimes some things are best left to the imagination.

Anyway, before it looked like this ...

 It looked like this ...

Which, now, in hindsight, I prefer.  But the problem with the bottom one was that I hadn't quite hit on the rendering of the sculpture, so it looks like a cow pattie.  In the top one, the sculpture looks good, but the environment is shaky.

It might be fun to merge the good parts of both.

With the Masters coming up, here's an oldie ...

This is not without it's charms, but I think I have a general tendency to get too heavy with the green.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home