Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Knicks Nation Rejoices

God Bless America -- the birthplace of roundball.  And baseball too.

Lovely basketball game between the Knicks and Voldemort University.  The forces of evil were vanquished, but not without a bit of to-ing and fro-ing.  Special kudos to Kenyon Martin.  The one period of my life when I paid close attention to the NBA version of the Nets was in the early 2000s, when Martin and his good buddy Jason Kidd were part of the nucleus of a genuinely wonderful team.  Twice to the finals they went and twice they came home empty-handed.

So good for Kenyon.  In the absence of Rasheed Wallace he is providing defensive intensity and a certain I'm-not-sure-what.  If he remains healthy, the Knicks become a favorite to win the whole thing.

You don't really believe that, do you?
I'm making myself believe it by repeating it over and over again.  Like a mantra.
The way a certain segment of the population says guns don't kill people, people kill people?
Exactly.  Except there's a grain of truth to the Knicks thing.  The other one is hokum.

I mentioned the to-ing and fro-ing.  Truth of the matter is, I turned the thing off halfway through the second quarter, thinking there was no way I was gonna sit by and watch the Knicks lose to the Celtics.  A couple of hours later, once I realized that the coast was clear, I went back and enjoyed the second half.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home