Friday, April 19, 2013

Me, My Guitar, and the Blues (Faith Hill update)

I'm told Faith Hill is 45.

The error occurred in the post titled "9,687" in which I wrote about Ms. Hill that she was "the best looking 50-year old woman in the history of the world ..."

This, in the jargon of SEC-regulated financial communications, is what we call a forward-looking statement.  I stand behind it 100% and I look forward to being vindicated in about five years.

The good news is that this whole business is really just an opportunity to post another photo of Ms. Hill ...

If I looked like that, I could die a happy man.

That didn't come out right, did it?
No it didn't.
Reminds me of the phrase "I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous."
Yes.  Very similar.


Her husband plays a great guitar, too.  But not as good as Jimmy Dawkins, practitioner of the so-called West-side brand of Chicago blues (described by the Times as being "slicker and somewhat less hard-edge than the South Side style of Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf."  Mr. Dawkins' nickname was "Fast Fingers."

Like Slow Hand.
Different.  But the same.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home