Saturday, May 18, 2013

Bingo

In a celebratory mood, given Daughter #2's graduation of two days ago, I bought a $600 million Powerball ticket.  I don't usually buy Powerball tickets, because I think the odds are too stiff (I stick with mega-lotto), but I was buying The Times and I thought, what the hell...

My numbers are 3, 6, 9, 15, 21 with 11 as whatever they call the number on the bottom of the little card. 

I'm telling you my numbers so you will avoid them.  In other words, please don't buy these numbers.  Get your own.  I read a disturbing article that said over 80% of the available combinations have already been bought.  This means that, in addition to the 175-million-to-one shot of winning, you've then got only a 20% chance that you're not sharing the money with somebody else.

Which would really suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home