Monday, May 20, 2013

Boldly going ... and all that business

I had a big fight with the people at the Pavilion Theater in Park Slope.  I would urge you never to go there, no matter how convenient it might be.

But the fight is unimportant in the larger scheme of things.  Suffice it to say that Earl from Denver and I arrived in time for the 11:30 am show of Gatsby, The Great and were told it had started at eleven.  Heated discussion ensued and, for a moment, I thought I was in a story by Franz Kafka.

The only real solution, after five or ten minutes of backing and forthing, to-ing and fro-ing, was to go see the 11:30 show of Star Trek.  Which wouldn't have been even my fifth choice, but turned out to be way better than expected.  The good news was, somewhere in the uproar, they either didn't charge us an admissions fee by accident, or decided not to.

Regardless, free Star Trek is way better than the 16 fucking bucks they would have charged us.  It being in 3-D.  And while we're on the subject, Star Trek in 3-D is just one more exhibit in support of the utter uselessness of 3-D, other than to generate more box office.  Hell, I would have paid 16 bucks to NOT HAVE TO USE THE GODDAM GLASSES.

Anyway, now I'm home in the studio and I've peeled this disaster off the wall and thrown it on the floor.  Followed by a good deal of paint.

Note the feet.

I'm thinking of doing portraits of people lying (possibly nude) on my studio floor.  I see them as broken into two large images.  Above the belly button would be the left panel and below the belly button would be the right panel.  In each case, my feet would be visible.

Can you envision this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home