Monday, May 20, 2013

In another world, I would be Sonny

Sonny Burnett, not Sonny Corleone.  Because undercover police work and the type of painting I do are not that dissimilar.  Given this, I've decided to sprinkle the blog, for the next undetermined period of time, with cheesy clips of Miami Vice set to rock music.  If for no other reason than to get Scully off my back about Marianne Faithfull.

Miami Vice!  The greatest cop show ever.  In the history of the world.  The Wire be damned.  Likewise, NYPD Blue.



Watch the whole thing if you like, but you can also stop it at the :53 mark and know everything you need to know about Miami Vice.

Me?  I'm a good looking man.  And I've always felt the burden of proof that my success was a function of talent and not just David-like physical perfection.  But never in my wildest dreams will I ever look as good as Don Johnson did in Miami Vice.

Back to those 53 seconds:  Sonny and one of his first great Vice loves (played by a young Helena Bonham-Carter).  You can make the argument that he's more beautiful than she is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home