Thursday, June 13, 2013

I went to the Post Office today ...

... to get a quote on mailing a package to Australia.  A tube, actually, containing a print.  When all was said and done, it looks like it's about forty bucks.  Less if I didn't need a signature.

I've never sent a tube to Australia, but I've sent those mothers all over Europe, almost always via UPS or FedEx, and the price for three to five-day delivery (the cheapest option) is almost always north of $125.

No wonder the Post Office is going out of business.  Either that or I'd recommend buying stock in FedEx (although all the starch went out of them after they merged with Kinkos).  Who, in their right mind, would merge one of the most highly regarded brands in the world (FedEx) with a company known for its horrendous customer service (Kinkos).

I'm buying UPS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home