Sunday, August 25, 2013

The problem with Ferraris

Once they are in the race they are really fast.  But they don't qualify well.  Something unbelievably complicated about not being able to get enough heat in the tires during the super-short stints that characterize the qualification rounds.  If it wasn't unbelievably complicated they'd have fixed it by now, don't you think?

So Sebastian Vettel gets to start on the front row (him with the nice warm tires) and my boy Alonso starts 9th.

Ninth!

At the end of the Belgian GP, Vettel was first and Alonso, after an Herculean effort, was second.  Safe to say that if he'd qualified somewhere closer to the front than the middle, he'd have won.

I just feel like vomiting.

Is it an Herculean effort?  Or a?
It's probably the latter.  But when I say it out loud, an always sounds better than a.
That's because the H is virtually silent.
Virtually.  That's the rub.
Aye.  And I bet you put the emphasis on the second syllable, not the third.
I do.
That makes a difference too.  If you really punch the third syllable it sounds better with an a.   I think it makes the H pop a bit.
Duly noted.
I'm just saying.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ferrari. Formula One. Blah...blah...blah. Elitist bull crap.

3:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home