Sunday, December 01, 2013

Number 13

How much ugliness am I expected to endure?  I refer to the Jets game, in which Gangrene's (I don't call them Gang Green anymore) first half time of possession is just under six minutes.  Six minutes.

I've turned the game off because my job is to create beauty.  And I don't want the New York Jets standing between me and my objective.

And speaking of beauty, here's Lilah S. (Ash Wednesday), my 13th favorite painting ...

Which is beautiful.  All thirty square feet of it.

For you obsessives, Lilah was a waitress at Elmo, a restaurant on 7th Avenue between 19th and 20th.  One friend of mine called it the most disfunctional restaurant in the world.  And he's never had brunch there -- which is even more disfunctional.

I, however, remain fond of the place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home